Manual wheelchairs with rear push wheels and front casters have changed very little since being patented in 1869. Today, more than 100 years later, handrims and wheels remain the same and wheelchairs have only one speed. UNTIL NOW!
INTRODUCING the MAGICWHEELS® - 2-gear wheelchair drive! These all mechanical wheels provide the user with 2 easily shifted gears for extraordinary mobility enhancement to navigate ramps, hills and all types of uneven or rough terrain. View the arm pain reduction studies for details.
- No batteries or motors
- Easily adapts to fit most manual wheelchairs
- Adds no width to a wheelchair with standard spokes
- Added weight to your chair per pair of wheels with standard handrims is less than 10 lbs.
- Provides 2-speed drive
- 1 to 1 pushes the same as a standard wheel
- 2 to 1 provides 50% easier pushing, has automatic hill-holding feature, plus added braking power when descending
- Popular 4-speed double handrim offered as an option
MAGICWHEELS® caters to both the active user who is in and out of their car all day, as well as those who just need a little assistance getting up and down simple ramps. Everyday use of the 2-speed drive may also lessen the possibility of stress and strain to your arms and shoulders as you push your wheelchair during daily activities.
Go ahead and PUSH BEYOND YOUR LIMITS!