Diagnosis: Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) T10 in March 2001, Mary suffered a spinal injury as a pedestrian in a vehicle accident.
Present equipment: Quickie 2 manual wheelchair
Seating: ROHO pressure relief cushion
- Back pain and immobility, neck and spinal fusion and rod in spine
- Transfers with a little assistance, pushing need help going up hills. She requires standby assist and transfers independently.
Mary requires the assistance of her sister to push her up the van ramp.
- Improve posture and alignment
- Relieve and manage back and shoulder pain
- Provide functional independent mobility
- Going up ramps and inclines
- Had been dependent on her sister since the accident
The MAGICWHEELS Solution:
The Independence that Mary enjoys!
- Gets into and out of her van by herself-she loves her independence
- When coming down hills or ramp, descent assist helps decrease her hand “burn”
- When going up an incline, the hill holders allow her to take a cell phone call!
- She encountered cobblestone streets and switched gear to deal with rough terrain - Mary states was amazed
- Can push the steep hills in Seattle and Pike’s Place Market
- Minimal stress to her arms and shoulders using
- She now travels frequently and to numerous places
Delia "Dee Dee" Freney-Bailey, OTR/L, ATS
Office: 510-581-2904 Cell: 510-828-8529 FAX: 510-885-1353